The Compliance Manager is a managerial role under the Regulatory Compliance unit (RC Unit), responsible for leading the legal and regulatory compliance risk and reviews of the organization and is expected to work in collaboration with the AML/CFT Compliance (AML Unit) team to participate in development of the compliance standards and practice across the organization/business units. This role will manage and lead the end to end process of all legal and regulatory compliance initiatives and projects as its primary functions and provide direction to the RC Unit team towards its implementation. This role is expected to support the various stakeholders of the Group and in collaboration with AML Unit, to ensure the Group’s legal and regulatory compliance framework and governance is adhered to and complied with in accordance with internal policy and the relevant laws and regulations.
- The Compliance Manager is responsible for managing and implementation of the Group overall legal and regulatory Compliance Program, Governance and Framework.
- The Compliance Manager conducts comprehensive legal and regulatory Compliance Regulatory Risk Assessment (CRA) of identifying relevant regulatory risk in relation to the organization’s legal compliance, internal policies and procedures. This includes developing key legal and regulatory risk theme compliance framework, review of products and business risk compliance assessment.
- The Compliance Manager ensures the compliance and effective implementation of the Group’s Compliance Program, Governance and Framework, including policies and procedures requirements by all business units across the organization. Responsibility incudes the development/review of the Group Compliance Monitoring Methodology and undertaking Compliance Monitoring Review (including thematic reviews) across the organization, produce review reports findings of corrective measures up to closure of actions and reports to the Management on the Group’s regulatory compliance status, any findings of infringements/regulatory breaches and its recommended action plans.
- The Compliance Manager is responsible to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations including the monitoring of any changes to the laws and regulatory framework governing the Group. This includes conducting regulatory Gap Analysis exercise against all applicable laws and regulations with review of identified gaps, assessing/ensuring adequate controls by business units and monitoring all action plans towards closure.
- The Compliance Manager acts as the regulatory liaison with authorities, including Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM), relevant regulatory and agency to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and handling of regulatory audit reviews (internal & external) engagements.
- The Compliance Manager continuously review, update and implement the Group’s Compliance Program, Governance and Framework of policies, procedures, manuals, guidelines and internal control mechanisms to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and best practices.
- The Compliance Manager ensures proper records keeping and periodic reporting to the Board and Risk Management Committee (BRC/RMC) of non-compliance incidents/issues, including regulatory breaches reporting, through submission of Compliance Reports to BRC/RMC.
- The Compliance Manager provides advisory to all legal and regulatory compliance related enquiries from business units, including AML/CFT and Sanction advisory matters. Supervise Designated Compliance Officer at the various departments on regulatory compliance matters, including AML/CFT and Sanction advisory related work.
- The Compliance Manager conducts compliance training on all relevant legal and regulatory compliance of the Group, including AML/CFT awareness training and program.
- Bachelor’s/University Degree from recognized university or equivalent experience on compliance related disciplines. Preferably with Regulatory Compliance professional certification.
- Minimum 8 years and above of relevant post-qualification experience within the financial services industry, with at least 5 years of managerial experience.
- Experience in a compliance function is a must, preferably gained from banking or financial credit services industry.
- Extensive legal and regulatory compliance knowledge. Familiarity with Bank Negara’s requirements, consumer financing and credit laws is preferred.
- Possess good understanding, knowledge and applications of regulatory compliance risk management, best practice and methodologies.
- Experience in performing Regulatory Compliance Risk Assessment and Compliance Review Monitoring, with familiarity of methodologies and testing.
- Ability to multi-task, identify problems and issues and apply problem solving skills to provide solutions.
- Ability to work independently, lead and coach subordinates, as well as good team player.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Ordered, organized and able to determine priorities for self and subordinates.
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
Perks & Benefits
- Performance bonus
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Personal development opportunities