IT Technical Support Engineer are mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer system and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the organisation, but you’ll generally need to:
- install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- replace parts as required
- provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- support the roll-out of new applications
- set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
- test and evaluate new technology
- conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
What to expect
There is often pressure to work as fast as possible to deal with problems and achieve immediate results in all situations, either to ensure the minimum loss of manufacturing or customer-contact time, or to enable members of staff to use their computer again.
Travel within a working day is sometimes needed and may be required at short notice.
- Candidate must possess at least Professional Certificate
Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 3 Years of working experience in Server Maintenance Services, Networking & Hardware Firewall or related IT knowledge with L1 & L2 Level and above.
- Possess driving license with own transport (preferred car)
- Willing to travel outstation when required.
- Required language(s): English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin
- Aggressive, self-disciplined and good communication skills.
- Excellent service-oriented attitude towards the customer.
- Willing to learn and follow the instruction from superior, able to work in a team and independently.
2-29 & 2-30, Residensi Park Bukit Jalil, Persiaran Jalil Utama, Bandar Bukit Jalil
Click to view the location on Google maps