To advocate and drive the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices internally, across MDEC’s divisions, to strengthen our sustainability, reputation, and overall value proposition as the agency responsible for driving the nation’s digital economy.
Duties & Responsibilities
Integrating ESG across MDEC
- Coordinate the systematic integration of ESG principles and practices across MDEC, aligned with the organisation’s Business Plan and ESG Roadmap.
- Map MDEC’s Business Plan and key performance indicators, and align data collection and analysis, to sustainability goals and metrics.
- Ensure that ESG responsibilities are clearly defined, communicated and implemented across the organisation.
- Identify and influence the implementation of key initiatives and policy changes across the organisation, monitoring and reporting progress.
Building an ESG-conscious culture in MDEC
- Develop a network of ESG Champions across MDEC’s divisions
- Organise internal awareness activities e.g., internal events, training activities and communication channels in partnership with the Communications, Transformation and HR teams.
Managing MDEC’s sustainability performance and reporting
- Develop narrative on MDEC’s ESG integration strategy
- Compile, evaluate and manage MDEC’s ESG performance – proactively identifying and addressing ESG risks/opportunities in collaboration with various divisions.
- Produce MDEC’s annual ESG Impact Report
- Amplify ESG achievements, via internal and external communications and engagements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, environmental management, or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business and/or sustainable development / ESG, experience in integrating ESG into business and sustainability reporting would be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills – presentation slides, written and verbal communication in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Growth mindset – committed to continuous improvement, learning and development
- Highly motivated, with a passion for business integrated ESG and sustainability.
- Proven project management experience
- Takes responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
- Strong time management and organisational skills, including the ability to multi-task.
- Strength in planning and executing assignments independently, and as part of a wider, cross functional team.
- Seeks out opportunities to create effective change and suggests innovative ideas for improvement.
- Understand how the role fits with and supports organisational objectives.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Regular team activities
- Medical insurance
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities
Cyberjaya, 63000 Selangor, Malaysia
Click to view the location on Google maps