The Senior Executive, Performance Management & Engagement under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Performance Management & Engagement Unit is responsible for day-day-day operations, implementation, and administration of the performance management and people engagement practices. The ecosystem involves individuals and organizations to ensure standard practices in accordance with HR Policy and Performance Management Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide operations advice and guidance on the performance management roadmap, system, and process to ensure effective implementation.
- To monitor and administer the PM Module via HRMS, reviewing KPI contents and generating reports to measure compliance during the performance management exercise.
- Coordinate with Learning & Development team to identify and implement the training and development plan related to performance management practices (coaching and feedback).
- To monitor and track the submission status for each performance management cycle, ensuring timely completion within the established deadline.
- To administer and consolidate report generation for Year End Performance Appraisal (YPA) for Companywide Calibration exercise.
- To monitor, administer and facilitate new employee probation assessment and process the recommendation.
- Coordinate with the Talent Acquisition team to develop and enhance
- Onboarding for New Hires from a people engagement perspective.
- To act as Company Administrator in handling people engagement tool (GLINT) for companywide Employee Engagement Survey and related focus group survey.
- To conduct and analyze employee engagement surveys to develop programs, and recommend and implement changes that will increase employee engagement satisfaction from people’s perspective.
- To provide in-house coaching and feedback to employees related to performance management principles and practices as per HR Policy and PM SOP.
- To collaborate with the Innovation team to continually enhance and improve the Performance Management tool for better implementation and enforcement.
- To perform research on best practices in performance management designs and frameworks.
- To administer and update the PM Module regarding performance management records and databases.
- To handle employee grievances, and complaints including disciplinary cases by investigating, collating, and analyzing issues in a timely and effective manner.
- To facilitate together with the Legal team the preparation and submission of related documents in an effort to resolve grievances and industrial disputes.
- To monitor processes and provide proactive advice to mitigate any potential risk of industrial disputes and ensure compliance with HR Policy.
- To collaborate with relevant parties in providing guidance on industrial relations through awareness activities and programs.
- To perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Management or equivalent
- Experience in performance management practices, people engagement, and employee relations not less than (3) years
- Good ability in the database and statistical analysis
- Experience in dealing with HRMS
- Ability to demonstrate initiative in determining process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to P&C matters
- Working knowledge in the Employment Act 1955, Industrial Relations Act, and other relevant statutory acts
- Experienced in employee relations and industrial relations
- Good command of Bahasa Malaysia and English both written and spoken
- Ability to work independently with a sense of maturity
- Self-Management and Discipline
- Good Interpersonal Skill
- Organized Self-Starter
- Resourceful in problem-solving
- Analytical Skill
- Attention to detail
- Strong Problem Solving, Negotiation, and Influencing Skills
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Regular team activities
- Medical insurance
- Open culture
Cyberjaya, 63000 Selangor, Malaysia
Click to view the location on Google maps