Qualification: Advance Diploma or Degree in Management, Business Studies or Communications preferred, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Years of Experience: Minimum 8 years working experience in shipping and logistic related industry, and 2 years supervisory experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Proficient in written and spoken English and MS Office applications.
- Self-motivated as well as able to motivate team. Team player.
- Independent. Proactive and Innovative.
- Able to accomplish all jobs effectively, efficiently and within deadline.
- Familiar with fundamentals of shipping and, rules and regulations of Bills of Lading
– Update trade reports, market/competitors, business development, new industries / potential business; share market intelligence with related departments.
– Lead in business expansion
– Accounts Payable management/forecast by service lanes/Tender & Awarded Result
– Monitor CGM by country, trade, branch in terms of both Load and CM
– Manage equipment forecast, data analysis, rollovers (customer/OPUS)
– Manage space – BSA/space/vessel utilization
– Plan and monitor loading list, work orders
– Participate in Sales Yield Management projects & customer advisories
– Ensure revised/additional tariff is filed and updated in the system
– Advise on booking acceptance policy & guidelines (including sanction checks during booking acceptance)
– Conduct forecast by service lanes/trade, Vessel Monitoring System, omission, process broken route and Trans-shipment advice-
– Handle Offshore requests and related communications (review request, follow-up on FAQs, submission, Trade Policies and SOP).
– Attend and monitor daily Customer Service/Country KPI (including Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) Regulation, Internal Policy Compliance including Audit Query
– Terminal Departure Report (TDR) and perform clean up upon vessel departure (ensure container loaded status are done)
– Follow-up on no-show status, BL Data Release (BDR), pending container pick-up follow-up with related department & other related issues
– Prepare Long Service Container (LSC) Report, track and monitor LSC progress and letter issuance timeline.
– Manage Third Party Agent related issues
– Lead in department’s digitalization processes
– Perform (laden and empty) import and export manifest submission to port authority, Dangerous Goods submission, Import Status List (ISL) monitoring
– Liaise with KASTAM on amendment, outturn, penalty etc
Perks & Benefits
- Commission and bonus
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Flexible working hours
- Free snacks / Happy hours
- Regular team activities
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities